Patch 1.0.4 — Scroll of Keys and Courage
Greetings, citizens of the Enclave, welcome to the Scroll of Keys and Courage.
It's time to start putting your abilities to the test, whether you prefer hunting Menaces, dueling other players or ‘resolving issues’ with members of other High Houses!
House Maul has opened the Arena for organized matches. Players will be able to sign up in Hawksmouth or the Quarterstone Arena District. Skirmish matches are open to anyone at any time; House Maul will make sure the fairest setup of gladiators will be placed opposite of each other. (*)
For the gladiators seeking to prove themselves, they’ll be able to register a team. The team can enter the 2v2-League, 4v4-League or both! Points will be awarded on a weekly basis, based on the teams’ position, which can be used to purchase unique Arena rewards.
The Arena statistics and team window can be invoked via a new button in the Menu bar.
Also, unusual activity has been uncovered in the basement of the Palace in the Quarterstone Palace District. Scouting adventurers have reported sightings of a Treasure Chest, but a rather unusual one. Due to its surroundings it’s been dubbed the Demon Chest, but why it’s there and what it contains is still a mystery. It is yet to be opened as it requires three unique keys nobody in the Enclave has yet found. The locks indicate relationships with aspects of the world, but adventurers will have to be sent out to retrieve the keys.
Be sure you know who your friends and who your enemies are. PvP lootable player items enter the Chronicles of Spellborn. Currently this is only used for the keys of Treasure Chests! All keys in a player inventory will be looted by the player who is responsible for the killing blow! Be careful where you bring your keys and try not to attract too much attention when you carry them around.
Accompanying these great big features is a slew of Skill fixes, Quest fixes, Quest additions and feature additions. The Tales From The Vale carry on while /me and /roll have been added to improve interaction and well-balanced decision making.
- House Maul Administration does not guarantee placement of equally skilled gladiators in the Arena.
- Fixed an issue where a spawned pets had the wrong HUD-tracker color
- Fixed a rare problem where players reported getting stuck while watching the credits
- Fixed an issue with the Profanity Filter settings not being saved correctly
- Fixed an exploit where monsters would not run away from the player when the player was unreachable
- Fixed an issue where NPC's were not proposing a specific conversation option
- Fixed color of min and max price in marketplace history tool-tip
- Fixed a severe issue with other applications taking priority over Spellborn, thus crashing the client with a critical error
- Fixed an issue where accompanied NPCs sometimes stopped following the player while walking past a friendly NPC
- Fixed an issue where closing the World Map would close all underlying windows
- Fixed an issue where the High House chat tab was showing for new players while it shouldn't
- Fixed stats re-and degeneration of wildlife NPC's while they were in combat
- Fixed an issue where respawning while a player had a pet would cause the player to become invisible to other players
- Added a new spawn temple after the Becks fight in Citadel of Ail
- Added the emotes "/me" and "/roll" to improve interaction
- Removed several empty Conversation Nodes
- Set Health bars for all small, one-hit kill Critters, to invisible
- Many fixes, changes and additions (besides the ones mentioned here) have been made to the Quests and Lore
- Made resources all over the world less visible and harder to find
- Changed market place history graph to extend average price from previous price if no items are on sale
- Changed Wander algorithm to avoid NPC grouping
- Disabled emotes while sitting (no longer possible to dance (or any other emote) while sitting down)
- Windows that automatically reposition themselves now snap left & stack
- Fixed an issue where guards in Wagonwood would end up standing in fires
- Fixed a problem where the player could previously get stuck in the crater in Gravesbow
- Fixed a problem with strange lights showing up around Raizha's Stall in Quarterstone Pit District
- Fixed various glitches, holes and strange occurrences all over the world
- Fixed the rocks not properly spawning around the Mercantile
- Fixed several floating rocks, ferns, trees & fences in Brightvale
- Fixed the priority of the Grand Walk in Green District, so that PvP doesn't switch on & off all the time
- Fixed some tool tip issues in the Quarterstone Fountain District
- Fixed several floating plants, rocks and lights in Stonedeep
- Fixed several holes in the terrain throughout Stonedeep
- Fixed a hole close to the edge around Scourpool
- Fixed a small hole in the terrain in Hearth, near the drunken skeleton
- Added a collision to the bridge that leads to High House Rune in Aldenvault (it is no longer be possible to get underneath it)
- Added more boars and Shoaten around the docks in Hawksmouth
- Added more Young Frayena's to the first and second plateau of the graveyard in Quarterstone Pit District
- Added & tweaked the Quarterstone Mines to include more monsters and patrols (making the area harder and more alive)
- Added additional lighting in the Howler Cave
- Added a few tents and mine-props around Scourpool lake
- Removed a crate in Garminholm which was mysteriously floating in the sky
- Adjusted the World map indicator for Mount of Heroes South
- Adjusted the World map indicator for Gravesbow
- Adjusted the World map indicator for Garminholm
- Changed the mini map on the Mercantile
- Changed the collision of the docks at Quarterstone Fountain District
- Changed the location of the Vhuul Relic in Hawksmouth (High House Shroud quest chain)
- Changed the view distance for the Academy and Shops in Hawksmouth
- Made the NPC in Horatu's Hope that says "We are all fortunate to have your skills at hand" say it far less often
- Redistributed the wildlife in Quarterstone Pit District so it's easier to solo this area
- Reduced number of particles in Quarterstone Pit District by 75% to increase performance
- Reduced the amount of sheep, cows, cats and chicken in Gravesbow
- Replaced the "slope" part in Brightvale with something a little more dangerous
- Replaced the visual effect on the sword which stands guard over Balemeadow
- The graphical glitches reported by players in the crypts in Grimbound Fields have now been adressed
- Unusual activity has been uncovered in the basement of the Palace in the Quarterstone Palace District
3. Quests & Lore
- Fixed a problem with the quest "Emergency Disaster Control". The book now has a purple glow, making it easier to locate
- Fixed several typos in the quest chain "It's just Business"
- Fixed several typos in the quest chain "Skinflints"
- Fixed several typos in the quest chain "Dungorm... Check!"
- Fixed several typos in the quest chain "East End Story"
- Fixed an issue where the Speyrfolk in Hearth would previously attack Karaklos
- Fixed an issue with the quest "Second Time's A Shift", it is now possible to receive the followup quest on completion
- Fixed an issue with the quest "The Three Seals", the seals are now interactable
- Fixed an issue with the altar in the quest "The Rebirth of a Shadow", the altar and the cave have also received a beautification
- Fixed a critical issue with the quest "The Mindset to Decide", the mail sent to the player now appears correct
- Fixed several typos in the quest "East End Story", the directions are now clearer
- Fixed a problem with Mjirna Conall, who would not fight back when agitated. This has been corrected, and she is fierce now
- Fixed several typos in the quest "The Rescue of the Mare"
- Fixed several typos in the quest "Making Sense"
- Fixed several typos in the quest "The Soil Of Our Nation"
- Fixed an issue with monsters sometimes not spawning in The Chamber Of Order in Tomb of the Ancestors
- Fixed an issue with not being able to break the crates in the quest "To Break Your Own Stuff"
- Fixed an issue in the quest "Tale Of The Hidden Secrets", Riadan the Bandit is now attacking after spawning
- Fixed an issue with the quest "Insurgent Gauntlets". It is now possible to turn in the quest again
- Fixed an issue with the quest "Talk to Telnix Shardsong". It is now possible to pick up the followup quest
- Fixed an issue with NPC Sennar Din who previously did not spawn for the quest "To Acsendancy and Beyond"
- Fixed an issue where previously the mining pick axe did not show while mining a stone resource
- Fixed an issue where Phasing Nettles previously did not disappear after being harvested
- Fixed several typos in the quest "Gravely Camp"
- Fixed typo in the quest objective for "The Caller Of Winds"
- Fixed typo in flavour text for "Porous Wood Limbs"
- Fixed typo in the quest "The Menacing Dummies"
- Fixed typo in the quest "Audience With The Captain"
- Fixed typo and beautified text in the quest "Welcome To Hawksmouth"
- Fixed several typos in the quest "Price of Need", the directions are now clearer
- Fixed several typos in the quest "For the Enclave!"
- Fixed several typos in the chat "The Oracle..."
- Fixed several typos in the quest "Message in a Bag"
- Fixed an issue with Siltor Timebane in the Consanguineous Vaults
- Fixed an issue with Lezu the Broken in the Consanguineous Vaults
- Fixed an issue with the follow-up for the "Decisions" quest line, it now activates for House Torque members too
- Fixed several typos in the quest "Urgarut Them Out"
- Fixed an issue with the quest "The Mindset to Decide" where Tebron Hale didn't want to talk
- Fixed Ansgur's forging abilities while on quest
- Fixed an possible exploit for Longarm Mordaunt so that players can't take him out of the Skullpath Barrows and out for a walk through Hearth
- Fixed an problem with the fires in Exarchyon not doing damage when standing in them
- Fixed an issue in the quest "The One", it is once again possible to attack Highcaller Krish
- Fixed an issue in the quest "Culture Beat". The Lord of Crimson Black now works as intended
- Added extra text to the quest "Walk With Me"
- Added additional re-spawn temples in Tomb of the Ancestors
- Added an additional exit to Stonedeep at beginning and end of Tomb of the Ancestors
- Removed the Rawskull Arionites in Ravensquay
- Removed the extra chat option in the quest "The Rescue of the Mare", which accidentally broke the quest
- Removed the extra chat option in the quest "To Oust Or Not To Oust", which accidentally broke the quest
- All mentions of "Sentinel" have been changed to "Terrin Sword"
- Changed the talk & finish objectives for the quest "Worship and Idolatry"
- Changed the name "Brightvale" to "Homestead" or "Wallers Hill"
- Clarified the summary of the quest "Captain's Logs"
- Clarified the summary of the quest "Not So Little Nails"
- Clarified the summary of the quest "A Strange Veteran"
- Cullo and his little friend are no longer hiding in the bushes for the quest "Keep your enemies closer!"
- Corrected the quest target NPC for the quest "Transporter Flammie Drum"
- Corrected the quest objective for the quest "The Aftermath Shroud"
- Moved Skerintha so that she is now further into the camp and harder to reach
- Moved Soul Shop employee Lauline Numestra to a location in Boltfort which makes more sense
- Overseer Metjak in Statue District is now less confused
- Rotated a spirit in the Glaive graveyard so he's more likely to face players when summoned
- Set correct Wanted poster for "WANTED: Gravis Werden"
- Several fixes and tweaking has been added to Citadel of Ail
- Testa Delorum is no longer meditating 3 feet above the ground
- The quest log for the quest "The Shroud Challenge" has now had its hints tweaked
- Tweaked Joust Mustagen's conversation further to give more information
- Tweaked the lights in the Chamber Of Slaughter
- The quest log for the quest "Wipe The Smug From Their Faces" has now had its directions tweaked
- The quest log for the quest "Urgarut Them Out" has now had its directions tweaked
- The quest log for the quest "The Great Classics" has now been tweaked
- The quest log for the High House Silver initiation quest has now had its directions tweaked
- Veridan Herald Kessel Lightliner has now been awarded a faction
- Fixed an issue with where you could revenge yourself when you got damage through a reflect on your target
- Fixed an issue where the cool-down started, even after the summoning of a pet failed
- Fixed an exploit which made it possible to activate Bodyslots while drawing or sheathing weapon
- Added the Arena system to the world. This includes Leagues, Teams and corresponding NPC's
- PvP lootable player items have entered the Chronicles of Spellborn
- Changed the mousewheel behaviour to select skills while drawing weapon, rather than zooming in/out
- Spirit Bonds now only shares damage received by the spirit
- Righteous Hunt in combination with Reflect, no longer heals the enemy
- Vile Hunt in combination with Reflect, no longer heals the enemy
- Stormstrike - fixed an issue where the chain effect wouldn't jump correctly
- The Balance - fixed an issue where points were not correctly drained and added
- Skinshifter Shapes - no longer freeze character when shifting
- Gadget Storm - fixed an issue where the Gadget is not fired at the target
- Flashfire Charge - corrected the debuff icons
- Null Barrage - now correctly Heals divided heal based on 15% of the targets health. The heal is capped when the heal exceeds a certain value
- Soul Cyclone — increased the buff duration from 4s to 6s, fixed the wrong description
- Summoning (Pets) — updated the graphical casting effect
- Spectral Shield — now gives Magic Resistance instead of Melee Resistance
- Contra Blade — Backstab is calculated correctly
- Spear — adjusted the values so it matches heavy calculated piercing damage
- Spinal Tap — fixed a bug where Life Tap would use the wrong stack type
- Magi Funnel — removed the delay from the Reflect that could be obtained by hitting someone behind the caster
- Paragon Strike - slightly increased the range of the party buff
- When pressing either "B" or "N" keys, or clicking on the Skill Book Icon, both the Skill Book and the Skill Deck will open as one
5. Sound & Music
- Added new ambiences for the Deadspell Storm shardship quests with the lost ship
- Added more variation and some musical elements to the Ringfell ambiances
- Added more dynamic elements and some musical chords to Hearth night time ambiances
- Added a sound for the defrosting of enemies in the first Consanguineous Vaults challenge
- Added proper music for the attack on Init Xohael
- Added new Weapon Hit sounds for melee combat and new Arrow Shoot sounds
- Removed some of the very loud insects in and around Hearth
- Changed several sound & music settings in Exarchyon to better fit the setting of this world
- Changed several sound & music settings in Slywood to better fit the setting of this world
- Changed several sound & music settings in Stonedeep to better fit the setting of this world
- Changed the Default Audio Volumes so footsteps of others around you are more prominent
- Changed so the skill effects of grouped players are slightly muted so it's easier to hear your own skills
- Changed several sound & music settings in the Consanguineous Vaults to better fit the setting of the instance
- Changed several sound & music settings in Quarterstone Fountain District to better fit the setting of world
- Changed several sound & music settings in Quarterstone Statue District to better fit the setting of world
- Changed several sound & music settings in Quarterstone Green District to better fit the setting of world
- Made the ambiances in Citadel of Ail generally louder so it's easier to hear them
- Tweaked the music in Quarterstone Pit District
- Added new properties for the Scion Armor
- Added new properties for the Scion Clothes
- Changed the icon for "Large Pure Quarterquartz" into something fancy
- Increased the drop-rate of Quarterquartz for the quest chain "Mining For Quarterquartz"
- Reworked the Quest Conversation window
- Accept and Decline options are now presented in a different manner
- Topics and replies are more clearly separated
- A new "Complete" button has been added to finish Quests
- Fixed a exploit where Daphne Bunscook in Hoggsridge kept attacking the wildlife rather than the player
- Fixed a spawning issue with the menace Crulrain Cyradh, she appeared twice at times
- Changed the name of the wanted poster for Perrefin Sadirn
The latest patch notes can always be found at https://eu-players.tcos.com/game/news.phtml
Should you encounter problems with the Chronicles of Spellborn, don't hesitate to contact our Support at https://eu-support.tcos.com/
For account issues, please contact our Customer Support at email@example.com
Kind regards, the Chronicles of Spellborn Team