The Chronicles of Spellborn (TCoS) is a Massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) developed in 2008 by Spellborn International Ltd. It is created using the heavily modified Unreal 2.5 engine.
Players will take the role of heroes in a post-apocalyptic fantasy setting, a vast sea of volatile magic called the Deadspell Storm.
- Character advancement is separate from the player's appearance so every character can look unique from the start.
- Players refine their personal attributes by imbuing items with advancement slots.
- Active skill-based combat and manual targeting allow the player full control in combat.
- 50 character levels advance the player's statistics and extend their skill library.
- The Personal experience Points (PeP) system gives stat bonuses for staying alive and eliminates frustrating death penalties.
- Players are rewarded with statues of their characters by topping the rankings or performing great deeds.
- Ancestral quests allow players to experience the past and influence the present.
- In Shard Conquest, players fight for ownership of new Shard realms in massive PvP and PvE battles.
- Arena tournaments reward guilds with stat enhancing trophies or shop ownership.
- Game content is quest based and includes longer quest chains stretching throughout the player's life.